Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu

Idiots, Tests and Summoned Creatures
 The story centers around Akihisa Yoshii, the "baka" of the title. His academy rigidly divides up the student body into classes based on the results of tests. The prodigies are in the A class with reclining seats complete with air conditioning, but Akihisa is in F class, the lowest rung of the school ladder which is furnished only with low, decrepit tables and worn-out straw tatami mats.

The school happens to have developed experiments to summon fantasy creatures, and Akihisa decides to rally F class to take on the higher-tiered classes and seize their perks. The F class uses the summoned creatures in an all-out battle for school supremacy.

+ + + + +

Unique anime? Most definetly. 
Idiots are everywhere in the world. Heck even I am one :) But thats what makes everyone happy in the case of Baka to Test. 

My friend recommended this anime to me yesterday saying it is a very hilarious and enjoyable anime with some crack every 5 min during an episode. Well that is true if you consider every comedic part funny or "interesting' (i did for most parts). I haven't really watched a comedy anime for quite some time, the last few were most probably Gintama, Seitokai Yakuindomo and B gata H kei. Baka to Test is a new refreshing and somewhat perverted comedy anime for me. BTW: SYD and B gata H kei do not count as "somewhat" perverted cause 80% of the whole series consist of perverted jokes.

Ahem, anyways for character development and stuff well its not too unfamiliar. I mean like I said, "There are idiots everywhere" so the characters in Baka to Test would make up most of the bakas you've seen in other animes. E.g Akihisa is seriously a pure baka and Himeji would be classified as air-headed baka. Though one character has caught my attention and that would be none other than Kinoshita, Hideyoshi. A bishounen with extremely feminine features. His stereotype would normally be known by many but still he ain't as smart as the rest. 

This wraps up what I think of Baka to Test. I would give it 8/10. For comedy, enjoyment and art. Yes I will judge art style for EVERY anime. As for voice-acting...well I only see 2 male seiyuu, Shimono Hiro and Miyata Kouki, I know due to the fact they appeared in at least one BL anime before. 


Seriously how does he NOT look like a girl?! o.o
The kawaii Himeji-chan and flat-chested Shimada-san make up for the "That's a guy." reaction though. And if you are observant enough he has the same expression for both pictures ;D


1 comment:

  1. That sounds really cool:D
    I'm going to watch it. It IS an anime right?
    Not a manga?

    ReplyDelete